Foundations for a Future Innovation District through Partnership
The University of Edinburgh and Edinburgh BioQuarter
Discover the University of Edinburgh’s cutting edge facilities and how they support innovation of translational research.
We have two events where you can explore how you can work with us as we open our doors to a campus that gives you access to: our breadth of academic researchers across disciplines, patients, clinicians, scientists and partners. As well as access to state of the art clinical and pre-clinical research facilities, that can help you develop innovative ideas to deliver solutions to the world’s biggest medical challenges.
The first event takes a deeper look at the facilities and technologies that provide the foundation to developing an innovation district. The second event is the Bioquarter vision of developing such an innovation ecosystem that promotes academic and industry collaboration to accelerate translational research innovation.
These events were held recently and are of particular interest to industry organisations and academia. If you missed these live events, the recordings are now available below!
Explore the highly specialised expertise and facilities Edinburgh University has to offer academic colleagues and organisations to support your projects from bench to bedside. Discover how to get in touch directly for scientific questions or support via Edinburgh Innovations for pricing and contracting.
- Natalie Homer - Core Facilities Managers Network
- Steve McSwiggan - Edinburgh Clinical Research Facility
- Joyce Thomson - Edinburgh Clinical Trials Unit
- Duncan Martin - Edinburgh Imaging
- Val Hughes-White - Easter Bush Campus
- Lesley Penny - Bioresearch & Veterinary Services
Explore how new medical treatments are progressed from bench to bedside at BioQuarter, and the challenges and opportunities involved in growing a world-class health innovation ecosystem.
Discover why it is a leading location for turning innovative ideas into reality and driving medical innovation for Scotland and the world.
- Anna Stamp - Interim Director of Edinburgh BioQuarter
- Professor Kev Dhaliwal - Personal Chair of Molecular Imaging and Healthcare and Consultant Physician in Respiratory Medicine for NHS Lothian
- Janet Downie - CEO, RoslinCT
- Elizabeth Roper - Partner at Epidarex Capital
Finally, the University of Edinburgh Facilities eBrochure is also available here!
For assistance, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2021 - EI Ltd, The University of Edinburgh